Ella's Half-Birthday Pupcakes

Last week, my Aussie puppy Ella turned 6 months old. The amount of joy this little stinker has brought into our lives is immeasurable! I didn't think I could ever love a little creature so much. I know it's a bit looney, but I couldn't stop myself from making her a little half-birthday treat. I looked up a few different recipes on Pinterest and mashed them together to create my own version of a doggie-friendly cupcake...or rather, PUPcake. ;) I posted a photo on social media and had a lot of requests for a recipe, so here you go friends!
Just look at her face!
The recipe is very simple, and the reward of seeing how much Ella Bella loved them was beyond worth it!

Carrot-Peanut Butter Puppycakes

Ingredients:
1 large egg
1/3 cup natural peanut butter, plus a little extra for frosting
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 cup shredded carrots (I shredded mine by hand, but you can buy pre-shredded)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup natural rolled oats
A couple kernels of dog food or treats, crumbled

Directions:
-Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with 6 or 7 cupcake liners.
-Combine egg, peanut butter, vegetable oil, honey, and carrots in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
-Slowly add in flour and baking soda, stirring as you go to incorporate.
-Add oats and stir thoroughly.
-Spoon batter into lined cupcake tins. Bake for 30 minutes.
-Remove from oven and let cool completely. (This was the hardest part--resisting giving one to her right away!)
-Frost the tops with a little peanut butter and sprinkle crumbled doggie food/treats on top.
-Watch your pup enjoy!




I was curious as to how they actually tasted, so I ate a little bit of one. They are a little bit dry, but I think if you had them as a morning muffin with a little butter they would taste delicious. :)


Make these yummy treats for your puppy and share the photos with me! Thanks for reading!
Until next time,
xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts